Sunday, June 6, 2010

Introducing: me!

Hello. I'm Samantha Kepler. I'm 25 and I currently work for Chemonics, an international development firm in Washington DC where I do quality management. In the past I've worked as a computer teacher, a fifth grade teacher, a missionary in the Dominican Republic and an IT consultant doing government contracts.

I grew up in Reston and graduated from the University of Virginia in 2006. In August, I will begin graduate studies in Public Health Nutrition at the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill. I am interested in the causes and effects of poverty, societal influences on nutrition, school nutrition, and educational, governmental, commercial and societal interventions to end world hunger. I want to practice clinical dietetics but I would also like to help build food security and start nutrition intervention programs in developing countries. I think the MPH Nutrition degree is perfect for me!

I love to cuddle up with a good book and enjoy cooking and baking. I am currently reading Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food, but I love almost any novel. The last movie I watched was "We Are Marshall" and some of my favorites are Pride and Prejudice and Anne of Green Gables.

No comments:

Post a Comment